Friday, October 29, 2010

Baby Conlon

This is Baby Conlon's room. Marybeth is a friend of my VERY talented designer friend, Erin! Marybeth wanted a peaceful room for her little one on the way. Erin took care of everything, literally everything, except the walls...that is where I came in. I always enjoy working with Erin, and meeting Marybeth through her was an added bonus.
I was thrilled when the girls told me they had a vision of a painted tree on the wall. I love the symbolism of the tree in the nursery...knowledge, life... I was even more excited that they went for the painted stripes and the idea of the tree changing colors between each stripe. If you look carefully, you will see that the tree gets slightly darker or lighter based on which stripe it is intersecting.The mama and daddy luv birds will watch over Baby Conlon as he sleeps:)See the painted detail changing colors as it passes from the light blue to dark blue stripe? Finding ways to implement subtle transitions really adds interest to a space.Marybeth is keeping Baby Conlon's name a secret until he makes his big debut. Once the name is revealed, we will put hand painted wooden letters inside this "name plate." The letters will be painted in the white and cream colors used in the tree. I will paint them in a vertical stripe pattern, alternating the white and cream.

I also have to address the fact that Marybeth left me square water one day. Little did she know, she was giving me the BEST mid day treat. I mean square water IS the best water...can i get an Amen?? :)



post signature