Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Family Dinner

Did you guys grow up eating family dinner around the table?  We sure did.  It was very rare for us to eat out, and the phone and television definitely did not make an appearance during dinner time.  We had some good conversations, memories (and maybe a couple of throw downs) growing up eating around the dinner table.  

The table below belonged to my client's grand parents.  It is an old farm table that I guarantee is FULL of memories.  Projects like this are inspiring.  It is cool to see an old piece transform, instead of dying out.  AND, it reminds me to get my buns in the kitchen so that we can enjoy a good meal together!

Okay, okay.  I guess we need a recipe if we are talking food.  I would never claim to be a good cook, but I try. I have no shame tossing a nasty meal and chowing down on frozen M&Ms instead.  When I made the recipe below I stopped mid bite and asked the hubs if he felt like he was eating at a restaurant!  It was so tasty I imagined myself paying money to eat it.  Ahhhhhh, satisfaction:)  

Shrimp (or scrimp as some call it) Scampi

1 t minced garlic 

l t olive oil

 1/2 t oregano, 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper

1/2 lb fresh peeled shrimp

1/4 c white cooking wine,

1 t cornstarch,

2 c cooked linguini

saute garlic in olive oil for 1 min over medium heat.  add shrimp, oregano, salt and pepper and saute 4 min.  reduce heat to simmer.  combine wine, cornstarch and add to shrimp.  simmer until sauce thickens.  divide shrimp and sauce into two portions and serve each over 1 cup pasta.  

No pictures of the meal, just the mouth of approval!

Have a good one!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment